Thursday, October 05, 2006

 

Experiment

I still don't know why my JVMs crash, but they seem to always become unstable after I have updated one and restarted it. And it's not only the one I updated that becomes unstable. Jeff and I were talking about it this morning and he suggested that it may be a problem with server affinity and sessions. I'm doing an experiment today where I just update one instance of Tomcat and then watch and wait. It bugs me how this problem has made me gun shy about applying patches to our production servers. In happier news, my technique of using svn_load_dirs.pl is working very well. My production boxes are getting all the changes made to the 2.2.x maintenance branch up to and including r15678.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?